Medical waste: a threat to any ecosystem!
There are countless types of wastes, some more dangerous than others for the environment and the beings that inhabit it. However, few types of wastes are dangerous to humans, than medical waste. In general, hospitals and medical laboratories produce tons of hazardous medical waste that must be managed responsibly so health professionals they produce, and companies dealing with collecting and removing them.
Green Global is a company that wants to take the second part of the responsibility, regarding the dangerousness of medical waste, and providing services company that was collecting medical waste. Certainly any patient and physician know that any type of medical equipment that come into contact with a sick person is disposable and should be used immediately after it is thrown in special containers just for them. Thus, the collection of medical waste can be done selectively and securely by a company specialized in this field and disposed of safely, without any impact on biological-type living beings.
How do we recognize medical waste and how to pre-collect them?
Medical waste pre-collection process is definitely more important than collecting them. First of all, a very clear distinction between hazardous and non-hazardous medical waste must be made. Hazardous medical waste must be treated very carefully, because the slightest contact with dangerous medical waste or a person with a contagious disease turns into a hazardous waste.
These types of non-hazardous waste include packaging, bottles, scrap paper, food scraps, plastic or glass, all of which did not come into any contact with blood or other body fluids of patients, with contagious patients or dangerous medical waste. The latter, however, are the most dangerous, and fall into the following categories:
- Pathological waste, as well as anatomical parts, which include all types of human tissues and animals used in research and medical treatment
- Infectious waste, which include all types of medical equipment that came into contact with blood and other body fluids of patients, and have potentially infecting anyone coming into contact with them
- Stinging waste-cutters, which consist in all instruments used for penetration into human tissue, either by lancing, such as syringe needles, or by cutting, such as scalpels
- Pharmacological and chemical waste, which consist of substances that have not been used and that have expired, and cleaning solutions specifically for the spaces that were conducted medical activities and medical research
- Radioactive waste, receiving a lot of attention, and which are rarely found in medical institutions and more in the research, because they have a particularly high danger for anyone in contact with them
However the above are considered hazardous medical waste and their pre-collection should be done selectively for the collection of medical waste and subsequent management be made safe by our company Green Global.
What is the proper management of medical waste?
Because we want to always do things by the book, following, depending on the nature of the waste we collect and manage the regulation of legal provisions and good conduct, we in the Green Global, we apply the same principle and if waste medical hazardous and non-hazardous waste. If pre-collection is done correctly, then the two major types of medical waste, hazardous and non-hazardous, are already placed in special warehouses, away from any source of interaction with the environment or the general population.
The management of medical waste starts in the first instance with medical waste collection and safe transportation of waste to neutralize. By neutralizing methods, specific to each type of medical waste in part, to ensure complete destruction of assumed risk and without any of these dangerous medical waste, protect the environment and the people who inhabit it.